Researching activities of the department are various and focus on some following main fields:
- Treating feed-water (treat water including alum, iron, arsenic in supplying fresh water), treating drinking water.
- Treating waste water (treat industrial waste water of branches of seafood and aquatic, food processing, waste water in ponds feeding pangasius, leachate…)
- Managing and treating solid and semi-solid waster water (urban solid waste, waste from raising pigs, reusing and recycling…)
- Treating air and noise pollution(gas waste from charcoal ovens, industrial gas waste,…)
- Cleaner production
- Treating and Managing dangerous waste (hospitals, industry and agriculture)
And other relevant fields