The Hydroinformatics Laboratory
Lab manager: Associate. Professor. Văn Phạm Đăng Trí
Function: Scientific research; training and education.
- Implement research projects coordinated by Department of Water Resources, College of Environment and Natural Resources and other Colleges/Departments at orders;
- Provide workplace and academic exchange environment for regional and international experts and scientists under the cooperation agreement with Department of Water Resources, College of Environment and Natural Resources.
- 05 CPUs and 06 desktops;
- 01 Brother printer and 01 Canon printer.
- Water resources related modelling;
- Water resources governance and climate change.
Laboratory activity pictures:
Selected International Journals:
- Grigorios Vasilopoulos, Quan Quan, Daniel Parsons, Stephen Darby, Van Pham Dang Tri, Nguyen Nghia Hung, Ivan Haigh,Hal Voepel, Andrew Nicholas, Rolf Aalto (2021). Establishing sustainable sediment budgets is critical for climate-resilient mega-deltas. Environ. Res. Lett. 16 064089. https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/ac06fc
- Hutton, C.W., Hensengerth O., Berchoux T., Van Pham Dang Tri, Tong T., Hung H., Voepel H., Darby S., Bui D., Bui T.N. Nguyen H., Parsons D. (2021). Mapping stakeholder perceptions of implementation against formal policy trajectories: Scenarios for agricultural food systems in the Mekong Delta. Sustainability, 13 (10), 5534. https://doi.org/10.3390/su13105534.
- Tuu Nguyen-Thanh , Van Pham Dang Tri, Seungdo Kim, Thuy Nguyen Phuong, Thuy Lam Mong, Phong Vuong Tuan (2020). A sub-regional model of system dynamics research on surface water resource assessment for paddy rice production under climate change in the Vietnamese Mekong Delta. Climate; 8 (41 (Special Issue: From Local to Global Precipitation Dynamics and Climate Interaction)):1–24. https://doi.org/10.3390/cli8030041.
- KHANH N Van, OKAYASU A, IKEYA T, INAZU D, Van Pham Dang Tri (2019). Practical flow modelling of a small tidal river with insufficient hydrodynamic information. J Japan Soc Civ Eng Ser B2 (Coastal Eng); 75(2):I_187-I_192. https://doi.org/10.2208/kaigan.75.I_187.
- Whitehead, P.G., L. Jin, G. Bussi, H.E. Voepel, S.E. Darby, G. Vasilopoulos, R. Manley, H. Rodda, C. Hutton, C. Hackney, Van Pham Dang Tri, and N.N. Hung (2019). Water Quality Modelling of the Mekong River Basin: Climate Change and Socio-economics Drive Flow and Nutrient Flux Changes to the Mekong Delta. Science of the Total Environment, 673, 218-229. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.03.315
- Tuu Thanh Nguyen, Jeejae Lim, Seungdo Kim, Van Pham Dang Tri, Hyeonkyeong Kim, Jeonghoon Kim (2019). Surface water resource assessment of paddy rice production under climate change in the Vietnamese Mekong Delta: A system dynamics modeling approach. Journal of Water and Climate Change. https://doi.org/10.2166/wcc.2019.176.
- Nguyen Thi My Linh, Phan Ky Trung, Nguyen Van Be, and Van Pham Dang Tri (2018). Assessing the Surface Water Resources Management for Agricultural Activities in the Soc Trang Province, Vietnamese Mekong Delta, Vietnam. Journal of Vietnamese Environment, 10 (1): 4–10. doi:10.13141/jve.vol10.no1.pp4-10.
- Thanh Ha Phuong, C. Dieperink, Van Pham Dang Tri, H.S. Otter, P. Hoekstra (2018). Governance conditions for adaptive freshwater management in the Vietnamese Mekong Delta. Journal of Hydrology, 557, 116–127, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2017.12.024
- Hanington, P., To Quang Toan, Van Pham Dang Tri, Vu Doan Ngoc Anh, A.S. Kiem (2017). A hydrological model for interprovincial water resource planning and management: a case study in the Long Xuyen Quadrangle, Mekong Delta, Vietnam. Journal of Hydrology, 547, 1-9, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2017.01.030
- Hak, D., K. Nadaoka, L.P. Bernado, V.L. Phu, N. H. Quan, T.Q. Toan, N.H. Trung, D.V. Ni, and Van Pham Dang Tri (2016). Spatio-temporal variations of sea level around the Mekong Delta: their causes and consequences on the coastal environment. Hydrological Research Letters, 10(2), 60–66, https://doi.org/10.3178/hrl.10.60
- Hiroshi., T., Tsurudome C., Nguyen D.T., Le T.A., Tran V.T., and Van Pham Dang Tri (2016). Ocean tidal modelling for urban flood risk assessment in the Mekong Delta. Hydrological Research Letters, 10 (1), 21-26. http://doi.org/10.3178/hrl.10.21
- Phan Ky Trung, Tran Thi Le Hang, Nguyen Thi My Linh, Van Pham Dang Tri (2016). Assessing the groundwater resources management in the Bac Lieu Province, Mekong Delta, Vietnam. Journal of Vietnamese Environment, 8 (5) , 257 - 261, doi: 10.13141/jve.vol8.no5.pp257-261.
- Nowacki, D. J., A. S. Ogston, C. A. Nittrouer, A. T. Fricke, and Van Pham Dang Tri (2015), Sediment dynamics in the lower Mekong River: Transition from tidal river to estuary, J. Geophys. Res. Oceans, 120, doi:10.1002/2015JC010754.
Selected Regional Journals:
- Nguyễn Thị Thuý Vy, Nguyễn Minh Tuấn, Trần Hoàng Hiểu, Lê Tấn Lợi, Văn Phạm Đăng Trí (2021). Effectiveness of surface water resources management for agriculture and aquaculture in the context of saline intrusion in Ben Tre province. Journal of Science, Can Tho University - Part A. Natural Science, Technology and Environment. 57 (4A) , 82-92. https://doi.org/10.22144/ctu.jvn.2021.116.
- Hà Tấn Linh, Dương Thị Trúc, Văn Phạm Đăng Trí (2020). Effects of salinity intrusion and water resources management on agriculture and aquaculture in Soc Trang province during 2019 - 2020 period. Journal of Vietnam Agricultural Science and Technology. 08 (117). 82-91.
- Trúc DT, Phát PH, Nguyễn Đình Giang Nam, Phạm Văn Toàn, Văn Phạm Đăng Trí (2019). Chất lượng nước mặt của sông Tiền chảy qua địa phận Tân Châu, tỉnh An Giang. Tạp chí Khoa học - Trường Đại học Cần Thơ, 55(Số chuyên đề: Môi trường và Biến đổi khí hậu (2)):53-60.
- Ngoc Diep Nguyen, Thi Le Hang Tran, Van Der Heiden Dion, Dinh Diep Anh Tuan, Van Pham Dang Tri (2019) The current state of domestic water consumption and the feasibility of implementing a rainwater harvesting system in the coastal zone of the Vietnamese Mekong Delta: the case study of the Vinh Chau town, Soc Trang province. Vietnam Journal of Science, Technology and Engineering. http://vietnamscience.vn/index.php/VJSTE/announcement/abstract42
- Nguyễn Lê Trạng, Trần Thị Lệ Hằng, Nguyễn Ngọc Diệp, Nguyễn Thái Ân, Văn Phạm Đăng Trí (2018). Assessing the impacts of groundwater degradation on domestic and agricultural activities in Vinh Chau district, Soc Trang province. HUAF Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology, 2(3) (987-998).
- Dương Quỳnh Thanh, Phạm Minh Đầy, Nguyễn Đình Giang Nam, Nguyễn Hiếu Trung and Văn Phạm Đăng Trí (2018). Impact of rainfall changes on shallow groundwater recharge - A case study in Hau Giang province. Journal of Science, Can Tho University - Part A: Natural Sciences, Technology, and Environment, 54 (6A) (1-11).
- Nguyễn Thị Mỹ Linh, Lê Phan Đình Huấn, Huỳnh Văn Phụng, Phan Kỳ Trung, Nguyễn Văn Bé and Văn Phạm Đăng Trí, 2017. Assessing the effectiveness of the models of large-scale rice field and traditional rice cultivation in Nga Nam district, Soc Trang province. Journal of Science, Can Tho University - Special Issue on Environment and Climate Change, 2(45-54).
- Phạm Lê Mỹ Duyên and Văn Phạm Đăng Trí (2016). The application of a one-dimensional (1D) hydraulic model to simulate dry-month flows in the Hau river. Journal of Science, Can Tho University - Part A: Natural Sciences, Technology and Environment, 43 (52-58).
- Nguyen Thi Bich Phuong, Van Pham Dang Tri and Vo Quoc Thanh (2015). Impacts of land use change on the hydrological characteristics of the Duong Dong river basin, Phu Quoc island. Journal of Science, Can Tho University - Part A: Natural Sciences, Technology, and Environment, 40 (81 - 91).