College of Environment and Natural Resources organized the seminar on “The adaption of local people in dyking areas preventing from floods in the Mekong Delta”, presented by Dr. Nguyen Hieu Trung at the Hall on April 28, 2009. It really attracted about 25 lecturers as well as students either inside or outside the College. During the seminar, Dr. Nguyen Hieu Trung has presented the flood status of the Mekong delta, solutions and viewpoints of both local government and people towards approaches coping with floods and “living with floods”, especially in the Semi-dyke and Full-dyke systems in study areas. The presenter finally mentioned about some suggestions for the local government and people to deal with floods on the purpose of minimizing damage as well as develop sustainability in flooded areas. The participants, after the seminar, actively discussed about study results, and they also suggested further related researches of the College.
Some photos at the seminar
- The 42nd Asian Conference on Remote Sensing
- Conference on “Industry 4.0 in Agriculture and Land Resources Exploitation Management”
- International Conference IFGTM 2021
- The 5th scientific conference “Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change”
- The international conference “Multi-Disciplinary Approach in Environment Protection for Sustainable Development”
- Mr. Fujiwara Nobuyoshi and Dr. Minamikawa Kazunori from JIRCAS to visit CENRes from September 13th to 21st, 2018
- Dr. Oda Masato and Mr. Uno Kenichi from JIRCAS to visit CENRes from September 4th to 27st, 2018 and September 17th to October 3rd, 2018, respectively.
- Seminar on “The impacts of climate change on agricultural production and biodiversity in the Mekong River Delta, Vietnam”
- seminar on “The adaption of local people in dyking areas preventing from floods in the Mekong Delta”
- The seminar on “An approach and the implementation of strategic environmental assessment”